Safed Postage Stamp from 1948 decorated with Stars of David is published here courtesy of Itamar Karpovski. Designed by the legendary illustrator Aryeh Moskovich.
From Wikipedia / Postal history of Palestine:
In the town of Safed, the departure in April of the British left the Haganah trying to establish control. The Haganah enlisted a postal clerk to print up postal envelopes, which were never used, as well as 2,200 stamps (10 mils each). On the stamps was written, in Hebrew: Safed mail Eretz Israel. Once stamped, mail was routed by the Haganah through Rosh Pina. These Safed emergency stamps were the only ones issued by the Haganah.