Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Baptist Cathedral

aptist-hexagramPhoto is courtesy of idyllopus who published it on Flickr and who wrote to me:
I have no knowledge of the history of the church, which looked like it had been closed a while and was in great disrepair. We had gone to Macon, Georgia to visit the Ocmulgee Indian Mounds and were driving down the highway toward the mounds when I saw out the corner of my eye, down a side street, the Star of David. After visiting the mounds we went back in search of the street so I could take a photo. I don't know the name of the street but if one is approaching from Interstate 75, it is located to the right, off Highway 80 (Emery Highway), within perhaps 3/4's of a mile (?) of the park entrance. The church is about a 1/2 block down that side street.
My guess is that the Baptists bought the place from a Synagogue and then left it...

No comments: