Wednesday, August 16, 2006

May David's Shield Protect You

May David's Shield Protect YouPicture is hoto courtesy of Ingrid who published it on Flickr under the cool title: May David's Shield Protect You, which sounds like the famous line from Stars War "May the Force be with you".
Ingrid added on her Flickr page that the photo shows the house of mourning In Cologne, Germany built in 1929/30 in neo-classicistic style by architect Robert Stern.
This morning I got the following e-mail from her:
By chance I discovered a little Jewish cemetery in Cologne, hidden under old trees, a magic place. I liked and still like it very much and my interest in the history of Jews in Cologne arose. Once having started I discovered more and more; I visited the synagogue (Roonstrase) and the cemetery in Koln-Bocklemund and I collected some information about Jewish rites of burial. I took the photo some time ago and I uploaded it just now because I wanted to underline my wish that God may protect little Israel in these bad times.

No comments: